PHP is at the base of around 79% of all websites, and its popularity is about eight times higher than ASP.NET.
About PHP frameworks
PHP frameworks are platforms used to create PHP-based web applications. For php web development India, developers rely on these frameworks for code libraries to build the most commonly used functions and reduce the amount of code they have to write.
Reasons to use
There are several compelling reasons to use PHP frameworks instead of writing code from the beginning.
1. Development speed: As PHP frameworks come with inbuilt tools and libraries; the overall time needed for development is significantly less.
2. Not much coding: With the ability to use the inbuilt functions of the framework, developers won’t have to write too much code.
3. Libraries for simple chores: Developers have to take care of a lot of simple tasks, including data sanitization, form validation, and CRUD operations. Instead of writing these functions, developers can use the ones available on the framework.
4. Best practices: PHP frameworks excel at following the best coding practices. In a way, they force developers to keep code organized in a neater, cleaner, and more maintainable way.
5. More security: PHP-related security threats also exist these days, such as SQL injection invasions, cross-site scripting, and cross-site request forgery. While PHP frameworks aren’t good enough as substitutes for writing secure code, they can minimize the chances of getting exploited by hackers.
The best PHP frameworks right now
It can be a challenge, even for the best providers of php web development services India, to create a definitive list. Wikipedia mentions 40 different PHP frameworks, but development specialists describe them as content management systems. Nonetheless, the following PHP frameworks are quite popular these days.
1. Laravel: Developers say that Laravel is the framework for web artisans. Created by Taylor Otwell, this framework has elements that CodeIgniter doesn’t, such as user authentication. The user base of Laravel includes the following.
2. CodeIgniter: This framework lets developers build web applications quickly. After all, they don’t have to worry about dealing with too many configurations. The user-base of CodeIgniter includes the following.
3. Symfony: Symfony isn’t just a PHP framework. It’s actually a collection of components based on PHP perfect for creating websites. The user base of Symfony includes the following.
4. Zend Framework/Laminas Project: Zend Framework has been around for some time, and currently, it’s transitioning to the Laminas Project. If your development team is going to use Zend, you should check whether the members will be shifting to Laminas or not. It’s crucial because Zend doesn’t receive support anymore. The following brands utilize Laminas for their projects.
5. CakePHP: Launched in 2005, CakePHP is now extremely popular. It facilitates fast and clean development on PHP. Here are the companies using CakePHP today.
If you wish to reduce the amount of time taken for the development of PHP websites and web applications, choosing a framework is the best option. When it comes to getting the most out of PHP frameworks and avoiding frustration, you have to be aware of the latest php trends. You also need a bit of knowledge of PHP frameworks, as well as the concepts associated with the frameworks, such as databases & ORMs, object-oriented syntax, MVC architecture, and the command line.